Trinity Church will hold a Christianity Explored course this Fall.
Starting September 15, you can join us every Tuesday at 7:30PM.
Join us on Zoom
To get information on participating through ZOOM, just email TPCExplored@gmail.com.
Join us on Facebook Live
To watch the class on Facebook Live, just tune into our facebook page (facebook.com/hullandfelder) on Tuesdays
To participate in this course, you don’t have to attend Trinity or even live in Montgomery.
Homework for 10/20
Read Mark 11:1-33
1. What is the crowd’s attitude towards Jesus as he arrives in Jerusalem? (See Mark 11:8-10.)
2. The Old Testament prophet Zechariah wrote about a time when someone would ride into Jerusalem (also called Zion) on a colt.
Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. — Zechariah 9:9
What would the crowd understand about Jesus when he arrived in that way?
Read Mark 12:1 – 13:37
3. How do the religious leaders respond to Jesus in Mark 11:18 and 12:12?
4. How do these leaders treat Jesus as a result of their fear of him? (See Mark 11:27-33; 12:13-17.)
5. The Sadducees were a group of religious leaders who did believe in resurrection. In Mark 12:18-23 they tried to make Jesus look foolish with their question about the resurrection. What did Jesus say was the real reason for their disbelief? (See Mark 12:24.)
6. What other criticism does Jesus make of religious leaders? (See Mark 12:38-40.)
7. A few days later the mood of the crowd had turned. Led by their religious leaders they demanded the death of Jesus (see Mark 15:9-13). Does it surprise you that it is possible to be respected, even religious, and still reject Jesus? Why or why not?
Do you have any questions about Mark 11:1 – 13:37
Recommended Reading on the Resurrection of Jesus:
Who Moved the Stone? By Frank Morison
I Believe in the Resurrection of Jesus by George
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel