Update re Coronavirus
Trinity Presbyterian Church
Friday, August 27
Hello Trinity Church Family,
As you are no doubt aware, there has been a recent, significant rise in local COVID-19 cases as a result of the new Delta variant. This news comes at a time when we have been preparing to “return” to more normal activities at our church in worship and on Wednesday nights, so this is difficult news to process for us all. As we prepare for worship this Sunday, I want to make you aware of the current state of things as well as our plans for Sunday. First, please be aware:
- The recent rise in cases is due to the delta variant of the virus which appears to be more contagious than previous strands of the virus.
- The vaccine appears to be very effective against all strains of the virus, but there have been breakthrough cases (a very small percentage) where those who are vaccinated contracted the virus.
- Hospitals and medical facilities are operating at or beyond capacity in an effort to treat those affected by the virus.
- Public health officials now recommend that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask while indoors.
Second, please note the following changes for Sunday:
- The sanctuary will continue to remain mask optional, but we will have two rooms that are mask mandatory – The Spire’s Room and The Westminster Room. Communion will be served in both rooms.
- Communion will be celebrated in worship on Sunday, but we will use the communion kits instead of openly served bread and juice.
I encourage you to make the decision that is best for you and your family
- There is nothing wrong, immoral, or sinful in a decision to worship virtually when your safety and the safety of others is at stake. You should NOT feel guilty or conscience bound to attend in person if you feel it is in your best interest, the interest of others, or is necessary as part of your civic duty in obedience to God.
- We sincerely urge each person to take the best precautions you can for your own health and safety. This is especially true if you are in the high-risk category.
- If you have experienced COVID related symptoms or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend worship.
- Livestream broadcast (8:30) and radio rebroadcast (11:00) will still be provided for those remaining at home.
If you or a loved one is sick and/or needs pastoral care, please let us know so that we can contact and pray with you or them.
I realize that that there are many different opinions about how we (individuals, families, churches, cities, nations) should respond to the situation before us. I remind you that God has not given us a Spirit of fear, but power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). We all need grace – for ourselves and others. Please pray for our church, city, and nation. God is with us, and if God is with us, who can stand against us?
Dear Lord and Savior Jesus Christ: I hold up all my weakness to Your strength, my failure to Your faithfulness, my sinfulness to Your perfection, my loneliness to Your compassion, my little pains to Your great agony on the cross. I pray that You will cleanse me, strengthen me, guide me, so that in all ways my life may be lived as You would have lived it, without cowardice and for You alone. Show me how to live in true humility, true contrition, and true love. Amen.
Your brother in Christ,