Our Sunday School Ministry is specifically designed to provide a systematic and practical study of God’s Word – relevant and applicable to every age level.
In addition, our caring communities provide a place for fellowship and community – an opportunity to connect, share and pray for one another and for the church. Our Sunday School classes also provide a great way for newcomers to feel a sense of belonging and to be incorporated into the life and ministry of the church. We desire for every member to be connected to a caring community in order to experience true fellowship through relationship-building, prayer, and the caring provided in times of crisis and need. If you need assistance in finding a class to meet your needs, please let us know.
Sunday School meets at 9:45 a.m. in various rooms across the church campus. There are fifteen adult classes offered for various ages and stages of life.
The Barnabas Class is a women’s class, ages 50 and up, that meets each Sunday morning to discuss various biblical topics.
- Instructor: Michael Howell
- Leadership: Cam Fox
- Where: Room 221
- Current Study: Jonah & Nahum
The Berean Class is a ladies class that welcomes women of all ages and is taught to enable believers to grow and mature in Jesus Christ in character and loving relationships by intently studying the scriptures.
- Instructors: Marty Baas, Guin Nance, Anne Tidmore, Olivia Williams
- Leadership: Susan Mathews, Marsha Wood
- Where: Room 102
- Current Study: Luke
The Bloodworth-Strong Class is made up of men and women, ages 60 and up, who gather each week for in-depth exposition of scripture.
- Instructors: Robert McGowin, Judge Joel Dubina, Tim Howe, Dr. Bill Cook, Dr. Mike Schrier
- Leadership: Coleman Yarbrough
- Where: Room 101
- Current Study: Hebrews
College and 20s Class
For all college students and young adults.
- Instructor: Blake Smith
- Leadership: Blake Smith
- Where: Room 228
- Current Study: Varied Scripture
The Cornerstone Class is a warm and inviting group of couples and singles who gather on Sunday mornings to hear solid Biblical teaching with emphasis on how we apply our faith in our homes, work places, and communities. This class is mainly people (ages 40 and up) with lower, middle and upper school age children. We are eager to grow in our faith and enjoy spending time with each other. Our emphasis is on spiritual growth, maturity, discipleship, encouragement, accountability, and living a joy filled Christian life.
- Instructors: Bart Harmon, Josh Hall, Doug Robertson, David Stanley, and Ben Wilson
- Leadership: Bart Harmon, Josh Hall, Doug Robertson, David Stanley, and Ben Wilson
- Where: Room 204
- Current Study: “Knowing God” by J.I. Packer
The Disciples Class includes a mixture of singles and couples in all stages of life. The class primarily focuses on the challenges and opportunities faced by Christian families in engaging with culture while remaining faithful to the Christian witness.
- Instructors: Davis Smith and Hous Waring
- Leadership: Thomas Govan, Franklin Johnson
- Where: Room 202
- Current Study: Knowing God by J.I. Packer
Foundations serves those in their mid 30s through 40s. This class focuses on learning and applying God’s Word within the family unit during these modern times.
- Instructors: Luke and Rachel Hall
- Leadership: Luke and Rachel Hall
- Where: Room 201
- Current Study: Varied Scriptures and Parenting
Gathering of the Saints
The Gathering of the Saints is a men’s class (ages 65 and up) that meets each week for fellowship and solid teaching.
- Instructor: Jason Button
- Leadership: Jason Button
- Where: John Knox Conference Room
- Current Study: Hebrews: Listening and Looking to Jesus
Living Waters Class
The Living Waters Class is mostly couples (ages 45+) who are nearing or are in the “empty nest” stage of life.
- Instructor: Tommy Bopp
- Leadership: Tommy Bopp, Whit Hamilton, Chet Moeller, Irby Thompson
- Where: Room 227
- Current Study: Book of Hebrews
New Mercies Class
New Mercies is a class for couples seeking a discussion-based environment. Studies in the class range from Biblically supported and applicable topical studies to chapters of the Bible. Many of our topical studies involve building and growing Godly marriages.
- Instructor: Jim Rives
- Leadership: Jim Rives
- Where: Room 226
- Current Study: Ruth
The primary goal of the Seekers Class is to answer the question, “How can we best represent Christ before the watching and unbelieving world?” Using scripture and other appropriate books, the Seekers try not only to learn the truth but also how to apply that truth in a way that is both consistent and winsome, all to the glory of God. In addition to class time together, the class meets several times a year to share a common meal and enjoy one another’s company. Coed class of ages 55+.
- Instructors: Deb Freeman and Dr. Frank Young III
- Leadership: Rich Williamson, Frank Young
- Where: Room 103
- Current Study: The Holy Spirit
The Stakely Class is comprised of married couples, ages 50 and up, who gather each Sunday to fellowship and study books of the Bible.
- Instructors: Fred Johnson
- Leadership: Derrell Vaughn
- Where: Room 203
- Current Study: Varied Scriptures
Steve Fox Class
The Steve Fox class is a small discussion oriented group of 20 to 25 men, ages 65+, who study the Bible with emphasis on spiritual growth and application in all areas of life.
- Instructor: Elders in class
- Leadership: Lewis Chapman
- Where: Room 222
- Current Study: Various Scriptures
21st Century Pilgrims Class
Jesus’ message is timeless. We seek to explore how the message of the gospel influenced past generations and still provides mankind with not only the means of salvation, but an orderly pattern for daily living. This class is coed ages 30+.
- Instructor: Will Sellers
- Leadership: Will Sellers
- Where: Room 223
- Current Study: Tim Keller Sermons