The spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.
The Hebrew Year of Jubilee only occurred every fifty years. for all practical purposes, it was a year of sabbatical rest, forgiveness of debts, liberty to those living in servitude, and restitution of property. By naming 2020 a Year of Jubilee for Trinity Church, we are saying we rest in the work of Christ on our behalf; we receive our freedom from slavery to sin; we celebrate our Heavenly Father’s work of restoration in each of our hearts; and we hasten the return of His Son, our Lord, Who will usher in a New Heaven and a New Earth. What a grand year to come alongside our Elder Brother, Who told all who are weary and heavy-laden to come unto Him, to find rest for our souls. The Year of Jubilee thrives in the simple life of faith in Yahweh and confidence in His power. The fundamental expression of the year is: rest in His favor. Sabbath rest. Restorative rest. Healing rest.
Rest and Receive
- Rest in the blessedness of forgiving one another
- Receive the riches of corporate worship, a Sunday School community, and a small group
- Choose the hymns we sing
- One of the Top 40+ each Lord’s Day – Please submit your top five hymns below or in paper format found around the church. The Hymn Survey will close on December 29, 2019.
- Enjoy the new “hymnal for Trinity Church”
- Purchase one in memory or honor of a special someone
- Experience the support and restorative ministries of Trinity Church
Pray and Perceive
- Join us for monthly congregational prayer walks
- Pause to pray nightly at 20:20 (8:20 p.m.)
- Unite for the fifth Sunday night congregational prayer
- Participate in a joint congregational Bible reading plan
- 12+ books in 12 months
- Reignite a burning desire to reach the world for Christ
Freedom and Fellowship
- Free Trinity of debt
- Find freedom in brining your tithe into the storehouse
- ONE YEAR!
- Invite someone to “Come and See” what Trinity offers
- Freedom in Christ/Family of faith
- Engage in two new friendships with Trinity members
- One younger and one older than you
- Bask in the favor of the Lord, and show hospitality to one another