Join us for an evening with Mark Nabholz and Shannon Murphy!
April 24, 2022 − Mark Nabholz and Shannon Murphy
- Seminar in Trinity Hall – 5:00 PM
- Evening Vespers (with music led by Mark Nabholz and Shannon Murphy) in Trinity Hall – 6:00 PM
- Reception – 7:00 pm
- A preschool nursery is provided.
Mark Nabholz is the Director of Music at Trinity Presbyterian Church, Montgomery, Alabama. He earned his Master of Music in conducting at the Eastman School of Music, and his Doctor of Musical Arts in choral conducting from the University of South Carolina-Columbia. Before joining the staff at Trinity in 2021, he was Associate Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities at Mississippi College. Mark also serves as Chief Editor of Publications for the National Collegiate Choral Organization.
Shannon Murphy serves as Assistant Director of Music and Organist at Trinity Presbyterian Church. She holds a Bachelor’s degree from Westminster Choir College, and a Master’s degree from the Manhattan School of Music. She began playing for worship services at the age of thirteen. Shannon previously served as Director of Music and Organist at Messiah’s Reformed Fellowship in Manhattan, New York and at First Presbyterian Church of Rutherford in New Jersey. Her great desire is to edify and encourage God’s people through music and song.
weSing is a series of evenings focused on the importance of congregational singing in worship.
God’s people are a singing people − and weSing hopes to educate, enlighten, and encourage congregants in their responsibility in worship and the blessing of active participation through song in worship.
We hope and pray that this series will help:
- Restore our wonder of worship through song.
- Intensify our worship with more fully engaged hearts and minds.
- Make us all more passionate about congregational singing as part of the worship service.
- Encourage each of us to lift our voices in song (whether we sing well or not, and whether we like the particular musical selection or style of the music).