Join us for an evening with Matt Merker, whose goal is to compose hymns that express glorious truths about God with singable, timeless melodies.
April 3, 2022 − Matt Merker
- Concert/Workshop in Trinity Hall – 5:00 PM
- Evening Vespers (with music led by Matt Merker) in Trinity Hall – 6:00 PM
- Reception – 7:00 pm
Matt Merker writes Christ-centered songs for churches. His goal is to compose hymns that express glorious truths about God with singable, timeless melodies. Matt’s music reflects the full spectrum of the Christian life, from sorrowful yearning to joyful hope. He prays that songs like “He Will Hold Me Fast,” “I Will Wait for You (Psalm 130),” and “Christ Our Hope in Life and Death” will encourage and comfort God’s people. Matt’s hymns have been recorded by artists, including Keith and Kristyn Getty, Sandra McCracken, Selah, Shane & Shane, and Sovereign Grace Music. Matt is Director of Creative Resources and Training for Getty Music. Matt has authored numerous articles on singing and worship, and a book entitled Corporate Worship: How the Church Gathers as God’s People.
weSing is a series of evenings focused on the importance of congregational singing in worship.
God’s people are a singing people − and weSing hopes to educate, enlighten, and encourage congregants in their responsibility in worship and the blessing of active participation through song in worship.
We hope and pray that this series will help:
- Restore our wonder of worship through song.
- Intensify our worship with more fully engaged hearts and minds.
- Make us all more passionate about congregational singing as part of the worship service.
- Encourage each of us to lift our voices in song (whether we sing well or not, and whether we like the particular musical selection or style of the music).