Join us for an evening with Sandra McCracken, a prolific songwriter, modern-day hymn writer, and record producer.
January 30, 2022 − Sandra McCracken
- Concert in Trinity Hall – 5:00 PM
- Evening Vespers (with music led by Sandra McCracken) in Trinity Hall – 6:00 PM
- Reception in Westminster Room – 7:00 pm
- Click here to make a nursery reservation. Nursery is for preschool-aged children only. Reservations will be accepted through Thursday, January 27.
Sandra McCracken is a prolific songwriter, modern-day hymn writer, and record producer. With more than thirteen studio albums to her credit, her soulful, alternative folk-gospel songs soar, whether in a grand theater or a country chapel. Her dynamic performances blur the lines of what “church music” sounds like, captivating and inviting audiences to sing along. While many of her songs, such as “We Will Feast in the House of Zion” and “Thy Mercy, My God,” have settled into regular rotation in worship services around the world, her songs have also been recorded or featured by many other artists, including Ellie Holcomb, Keith and Kristyn Getty, Rain for Roots, and Indelible Grace. Her most recent album, Patient Kingdom, was released in October 2020. Her first book, Send Out Your Light, was just recently released in September 2021.
For more information, please visit sandramccracken.com
weSing is a series of evenings focused on the importance of congregational singing in worship.
God’s people are a singing people − and weSing hopes to educate, enlighten, and encourage congregants in their responsibility in worship and the blessing of active participation through song in worship.
We hope and pray that this series will help:
- Restore our wonder of worship through song.
- Intensify our worship with more fully engaged hearts and minds.
- Make us all more passionate about congregational singing as part of the worship service.
- Encourage each of us to lift our voices in song (whether we sing well or not, and whether we like the particular musical selection or style of the music).