Join us for an evening with Adam Wright, whose life-long pursuit has been setting scripture to music, creating a resource to help God’s people engage and treasure the Bible more deeply.
March 6, 2022 − Adam Wright
- Concert/Workshop in Trinity Hall – 5:00 PM
- Evening Vespers (with music led by Adam Wright) in Trinity Hall – 6:00 PM
- Reception – 7:00 pm
Adam Wright’s life-long pursuit has been setting scripture to music, creating a resource to help God’s people engage and treasure the Bible more deeply. Adam began writing songs in 2013 as Music Minister for Cahaba Park Church in Birmingham, Alabama. Eight years later, he has written and recorded nearly forty songs straight from the pages of Scripture under the moniker, “The Corner Room.” A singer-songwriter at heart, Adam enjoys arranging each passage into an accessible and singable work that makes memorization and meditation a joy. “These songs are a treasure to me,” says Wright. “They have not only impacted my family, my church, and my community, but have made a lasting impact on my own personal love and understanding of Scripture.” One of his projects, Remember and Proclaim, is a collection of Scripture songs particularly for children which help all of us know and sing the truth of scripture to ourselves and to others. His newest project, just released, is a third volume of Psalms, Psalm Songs, Volume III.
weSing is a series of evenings focused on the importance of congregational singing in worship.
God’s people are a singing people − and weSing hopes to educate, enlighten, and encourage congregants in their responsibility in worship and the blessing of active participation through song in worship.
We hope and pray that this series will help:
- Restore our wonder of worship through song.
- Intensify our worship with more fully engaged hearts and minds.
- Make us all more passionate about congregational singing as part of the worship service.
- Encourage each of us to lift our voices in song (whether we sing well or not, and whether we like the particular musical selection or style of the music).